We know how to help your family.
While there are many types of addiction counselling, Love With Boundaries specializes in working specifically with families that have been devastated by addiction. Very few counsellors take a similar focus: we work with the family members first so that they can learn about the importance of not enabling the addicts they love so dearly.
This helps their addicted loved one become ready for the assistance they need to choose recovery instead and, at that point, we can work with that person as well. This concentrated and specialized approach has helped countless families around the globe to regain their lives from the ravages of addiction.
Here are more reasons:
- Counsellors at Love With Boundaries have lived experience with addiction – either their own or a loved one’s. We understand what you are going through and we know how to help.
- In between sessions, our clients can have unlimited email and text support from their counsellors if an unexpected crisis arises. If you need urgent guidance about a situation that comes up before your next scheduled session, your Love With Boundaries counsellor will provide the additional support you require.
- We help families heal. Because addiction creates chaos, division and mistrust within families, at Love With Boundaries we work with the whole family, including parents, siblings, spouses, and grandparents. When addiction is devastating a family, everyone is affected and everyone needs to heal.
- We offer our services worldwide. No matter where you and your family live, we can work with you.
- Our counsellors are dedicated to accommodating your schedule wherever possible, including working evenings and weekends when that need arises.
We get results! Our clients are astonished by how quickly they are able to make changes and see positive, long-lasting and sustainable outcomes. Here are a few of their comments:
James and I have blessed you so many times in the past few months as we see Nate confidently moving forward in sobriety and life. He is keeping up with his wonderful sponsor, building new relationships in the community, choosing to stay in the sober living house, and working at a new and better job. He has made his amends first to his sister, then to me and his father. Physically, mentally, and spiritually, he is in a whole new place and is focused on staying there.
We feel so grateful for your wise and practical guidance, Candace. Looking back on the emotional turmoil of the last few years, we reflect that in just a few short weeks, you led us to a better way to support our whole family.
I have been thinking of you often these days, mostly in reflecting on the gratitude I have for the work we have done together. I have been practicing the strategies we built in our time together. While some days are better than others, I am feeling progress and growing insights. For all this, I wanted to take this time to thank you again. I do miss our sessions and catching up with you!
Thanks again, Candace, for all you have done for my family, and on behalf of all the families you see. You are making the world a better and more compassionate place.
My experience with Candace was transformative. Candace is an incredible counsellor with experience and wisdom beyond anyone I have ever met. What I valued most was having interactive sessions that helped me to acknowledge things beyond my control in relation to my daughter, while also unexpectedly discovering personal obstacles that sabotaged myself as I tried to cope through the process. I came to realize how I lacked respect and care for myself, leaving me with very few boundaries in daily life in my relationships; it was exhausting and I was fed up.
The sessions Candace and I journeyed through brought clarity to me as I walked inside my own story and realized how much unworthiness I was truly feeling about myself. Candace helped me to find self-compassion and to put myself first. I allowed my vulnerable self to surface with intention and courage, to feel with my heart instead of my head.
Candace’s counselling sessions helped me cultivate healthier ways to rebuild my life and helped me recognize the resilience within my soul to move forward despite my daughter’s addiction and estrangement, and if she returns, she will discover a new healthier version of her Mom.
Candace’s support and guidance enabled me to find inner peace for which I will always be forever grateful; I am so thankful that our paths crossed. Making the decision to reach out to Candace and her counselling service was such a gift of self-care to myself; that gift, in itself, is truly priceless.
Want a free 30-minute call with someone from our team?
My office is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. My team and I provide therapy and counselling services worldwide.